"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Thursday 1 December 2011

100 PAINTINGS IN 100 DAYS #62

"Fiery Red & Gold Autumn"
6"x6", Acrylic
sold
Yukoners will know that this is the Dempster fall colours.  I have never been yet and I have lived in the Yukon for 13 years.  I flew to Inuvik in 2009 for the Great Northern Arts Festival but would love to drive the Tombstone area and the Dempster some day- it's like another world.
"So come with me, where dreams are born, and time is never planned. Just think of happy things, and your heart will fly on wings, forever, in Never Never Land."
Peter Pan
James M. Barrie 






3 comments:

  1. Thanks Michael,
    I always wonder if people like my pieces that are not realism. I really enjoy painting with this looser brushwork.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I find that, generally, pieces that try to look detailed and realistic often end up looking "fake", flat, drab, or like a distorted view of reality. A less detailed piece that captures the essence of a place leaves room for my imagination to fill in the blanks. My brain (via my imagination) enjoys that. To me, this piece is full of depth, light, and really captures the essence of the place. The essence is far more important than the details.

    When I look at this piece, I feel like I'm standing there. I love it.

    ReplyDelete