"THIS IS MY COUNTRY. WHAT I WANT TO EXPRESS IS HERE AND I LOVE IT. AMEN" - EMILY CARR (MAY 1934)

Saturday 10 December 2011

100 PAINTINGS IN 100 DAYS #71

"Ketza River Valley #2"
6"x6", Acrylic
Sold
Some of you may recognize this place from a few days ago.  I did an oil pastel of the same place.  I wanted to try the same scene in acrylic.  I am not sure which one I like. I find the pastel was much softer.

"Great works are performed not by strength but by perseverance."
                    
                   Samuel Johnson

2 comments:

  1. Nice work but looking at the 2 Keza River Valley paintings I think I prefer the one done
    with oil pastels;it looks so soft.
    Dont sell them all. I like to see the originals.

    Horst

    ReplyDelete
  2. Horst, I have looked back and forth from one to the other on my blog as well and I like the oil pastel as well. You must have had a premonition because the oil pastel is sold.
    About the acrylic medium. I have been working in it for awhile and I like ii for it's ease but find it to be a bit bright and I am learning how to tone it down and soften it. Easier said than done !

    ReplyDelete